Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet and short

Ok, so MasterChef is on but I wanted to say hi.

Actually I wanted to say two things, predominantly: go Sam Stosur! and I also wanted to drop in a link to Lindy West's Sex And The City 2 review, which is THE funniest thing I have ever read in my entire life.

Poor dear needs a few more hits on her page: please help.

Ok, that was a LOT more than two things. So sue me.

Had my blood test today, (uneventful except for the chick who tried to charge me until I reminded her of a little invention I like to call bulk-billing and the way my test was treated last time and she sulkingly obliged) so am expecting a call from the doc tomorrow for an appointment date. Wuu hii (I think the O vowel in that context has become cliche)! Will let you know!

3 comments:

  1. I love it. I am about to subject myself to it tomorrow night for the sake of the girl. I wrote my own piece on Season 1 the other day, but it wasn't worthy of an audience. It was the first I had seen of the show, and my conclusion was "Single equals freedom which means sex is mostly on tap. And as soon as something disappointing emerges, why hell, just move on!" Thanks for sharing it! I shall take plenty of whisky to the cinema. Oh wait, I can't. Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So u like ballet but not Sex And The City? Hmmm - who are you?
    I never watched it really, but saw the movie for a bit of fun and to see if Cynthia Nixon did anything overtly lesbiany - haha! I reckon it's basically a cartoon with (mostly) awesome costumes. I don't think it should be trying to make any profound social, feminist or cultural comment - and neither should its audience. IMNotSoHO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. should be "neither should its audience EXPECT IT TO"...haven't touched a drop of whiskey I swear.

    ReplyDelete